Ganico Organic Estate is a photographers dream! From The natural light studio of the Atrium to the wild and inspiring Pomegranate orchard. Imagine having a secure space with multiple locations all within walking distance.
Cost: R550 per hour or R4000 for the whole day
Yup, you heard right. All these key locations like the Atrium, Pomegranate Orchard, Lemon Lane, Tilapia Dam and the Packhouse under one roof for that price. Ganico is situated in Muldersdrift, Johannesburg, so we are conveniently situated for photographers travelling from Pretoria or Johannesburg. Let’s take you on a journey of Ganico, the home where photographers play.
The Atrium is a beautiful natural light gallery space with double volume windows overlooking our 30 year old liquid amber trees. Massive custom glass barn doors greet you as you enter the Atrium. From there it is a quick walk to our certified organic Pomegranate orchard and food forest. The Atrium features a beautiful floral chandelier created by Bianca from Secret Garden.
Details about the Atrium
- 93 m2 with double volume ceiling with an additional 57 m2 of lounge area. The area has white walls and white floors, with one feature colour wall.
- The Atrium can be shifted around and designed to suit your photography needs. It comes with trestle tables and one couch. We also offer furniture rental to design your space.
- make up area and change room which can also be used as a small boardroom.
- a fully serviced kitchen that contains basic utensils : electric oven : gas stove : stand alone fridge/freezer : cutlery : crockery : glasses (for 20)
- a dedicated props and decor shelf space
- secure parking bays for up to 20 cars
- hiring includes 6 x trestle tables, a couch and a wooden A frame (which can also be moved out)
- 2 x unisex toilets
- 1 x Bluetooth speaker to get the vibe going
- Take a tour of the Atrium here
Our goal with the Atrium is to provide photographers with a clean canvas, and they mold it into the studio of their dreams. Furniture can be moved and additional furniture pieces can be hired in to help you create your vision. Here is some ideas of what you can do with the Atrium.
PHOTOSHOOTS . FAMILY SHOOTS . BRAND LAUNCHES . WORKSHOPS . FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY . LIFESTYLE SHOTS . EDITORIAL SHOOTS . PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS . BOUDOIR PHOTOSHOOTS . FAMILY SHOOTS .
has its own beauty
Our farm is a perfect location for lifestyle shoots. Different seasons change the look of the farm. From the lush greens in Summer, to the golden yellow of Autumn to the stark browns of Winter.
Some highlights of the farm for photographers include our Pomegranate Orchard which is a beautiful setting for creating that perfect shot. Our Lemon Lane which is evergreen, so even in the harsh Joburg winters you can get that green shot. The Tilapia dam which has a small waterfall is a great backdrop for any shoot, and last but not least our manicured gardens featuring 30 year old Liquid Amber trees (famous trees in Central Park, New York) which turn beautiful shades of reds and yellows in Autumn.
We use our Packhouse to clean and sort our organic fruit and veg, but the packhouse has some unique qualities for photographers. From the outside it features a massive 4 meter wood and steel barn door. On either side is a beautiful charcoal steel wall which makes any photo pop!
- R550 per hour or
Half day is R2000 from either 08:00-12:00 or 12:00-16:00 orFull day is R4000 from 08:00-16:00
BOOKINGS | CANCELLATIONS
- Full payment is required to secure a booking.
- If you cancel 14 days before the booking, 50% will be refunded. 7 – 14 days, 15% of your booking will be refunded. Under 7 days before booking there is no refund on payment.
SET-UP | CLEAN UP
- Ganico works on a ‘leave it as you found it’ principle.
- Your booked time slot must include your setup. Eg: If your photoshoot is booked for 2 hours, you need to setup and cleanup within those 2 hours.
- Overtime is charged at R800 per hour (unless you prearrange overtime with us then the usual rate of R550 per hour will apply)
- If your event is running late, additional time can be added to your slot provided we don’t have a booking after you.
- Breakages and cleaning fee is for your account.
- If the Atrium or farm is not left as you found it, a cleaning fee and furniture organisation will be charged at R500
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- Please contact us to book a viewing